Saturday, December 26, 2009

Up with Hope! Up with Dope!

I'd like to start this post by saying "WEST SIDE!" Thats right, I made it back to Cali for the holidays and I had to do the dang thang in the parental's living room. This goes out to one of my best friends from Stockton, CA, Ant, who made growing up in Stockton a dope experience.

The piece is entitled "The Dopeness." Life is constantly changing (represented by the motions in the painting) and its up to us to realize the positivity in our situation instead of being taken aback by the negative. Simply put- just find the dopeness in life. "Up With Hope and Up with Dope!"

Also, I must credit the movie 'The Wackness' for inspiring me to paint the philosophy of dopeness. See the movie, I found it hella tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top of Page
Art.Design.Photography.Communications
Facebook : James Shields
Twitter : James Shields
Copyright 2010 James Shields. All Rights Reserved.
|
HOME
|
BIO
|
PORTFOLIO
|
SHOP
|
BLOG
|
CONTACT
|
Web Site Design & Development by Clickable Designs