Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh My Goddess

My favorite paintings to do come from original ideas and concepts, many of which aren't my own. I like to make pieces personal to my "clients" so that they will make it part of their lives and share it with their loved ones.

My homegirl Al (who is a real dope photographer) gave me a challenging and exciting concept. She wanted the goddess Lakshmi, depicted as a black woman with locks. So thats what I did, all while incorporating objects that are important to Al.

To see the process of how this painting was created click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top of Page
Art.Design.Photography.Communications
Facebook : James Shields
Twitter : James Shields
Copyright 2010 James Shields. All Rights Reserved.
|
HOME
|
BIO
|
PORTFOLIO
|
SHOP
|
BLOG
|
CONTACT
|
Web Site Design & Development by Clickable Designs